Sunday, January 7, 2024

You in 5 Years - (Part 1) Small Steps, Big Results


Verde Valley Christian Church
Jan 7 – 13, 2024

Sermon Title: You In 5 Years - Part 1: Small Steps, Big Results
Speaker: Jim Hammond

1. What could your life look like by the first Sunday in January 2029? What would it take to get there?

2. How many of you have in the past experienced a failed New Year's Resolution?

3. How many of you have given up on making New Year's resolutions?

4. What are small steps that could have big results if you were consistent for 5 years?

5. What if you do nothing different? Where is the path of your current small steps leading you?

6. Since five years is a long enough time to get really healthy or really unhealthy, what will it be for you?

I. The ways you LET IN become the ways you are SET IN

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

II. SELF-HELP does not go far enough

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

III. SMALL seed habits make a HUGE difference over TIME

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

No comments: