Sunday, October 15, 2023

Missing Peace: Hope for Depression

Sermon Series: Missing PEACE
Sermon Title: "Hope for Depression"
Speaker: Doug Freeman

1. The Reality of Depression

Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad.

Lamentations 3:17-20
I have been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the Lord." I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.

2. Finding Hope in Your Faith

Lamentations 3:21-23
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:24-26
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

I Run to the Father (song by Dinah Wright) Link

No comments: