Sunday, January 1, 2023

Re-Set 2023


Verde Valley Christian Church
Jan 1, 2023

Title: "Re-Set"
Speaker: Doug Freeman

"The two most important things in this life are first knowing God and second knowing ourselves…our response to these two determine our eternal destiny."

John 17:3
And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Come Thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise

Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God
He to rescue me from danger
Bought with His own precious blood

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
Let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, oh take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

Point 1 - Who God is

Psalms 23:6
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

"God pursues us, He rescues us, He delivers us and His Mercy, Grace and Goodness are never ending!!!!"

Point 2 - Who we are….examine your heart

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

"God knows our hearts and we need to agree with Him in His assessment and cry out to Him for His rescue His cleansing and His continual renewal"

Point 3 - Our Response…it's a choice

"We would like to think that nothing could lure us away from our loyalty to our Lord, that our moral commitments are unshakable and that we are never attracted to what God says is wrong. The big issue for us is not that we live in a broken world with its difficulties and sufferings but that sin still resides in our hearts. It distorts our thoughts & desires. It's humbling, but important to remember that it is the sin inside us that connects us to the sin outside of us. So what we need most is not a change of location or relationship but a fundamental rescue of heart, and that is exactly what God's grace in the person of The Holy Spirit provides for us!"
~Paul Tripp

James 4:8
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Jude 1:24-25
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling or falling into sin, and to present you unblemished [blameless and faultless] in the presence of His glory with triumphant joy and unspeakable delight, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and power, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Re-set for 2023-Use these core statements as a roadmap

Love God Wholeheartedly-seek Him in His word, in prayer and in the gathering of His people
Do first things first-make God your priority with your time ,talents and treasures.
Don't do life alone-grow in grace and truth through relationships designed by Him…seek "community"
Saved people serve people-Love others as God loves us by serving
Followers say follow me-Share your faith story with those God brings into your life….demonstrate Gods love to others

No comments: