Sunday, July 3, 2022

How You Can Pray With Confidence


Welcome to Verde Valley Christian Church
July 3, 2022 / / / How You Can Pray With Confidence

Series: HOW - Simple Instructions, Practical Steps
Title: "How You Can Pray With Confidence"
Speaker: Jim Hammond


I. WHY you can pray with confidence

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Isaiah 1:15
When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!

Isaiah 59:1-2
Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.

Ephesians 2:13
But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ.

1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

II. Prayer is COMMUNICATION

Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

III. Top requirement for EFFECTIVE praying

John 15:7
But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!

John 14:14
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

No comments: