Sunday, June 12, 2022

Jesus Is Greater Than David


Verde Valley Christian Church
Jun 12 – 18, 2022

Series: Center Stage
Title: "Jesus Is Greater Than David"

Speaker: Jim Hammond

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I. One son of David would reign FOREVER

2 Samuel 7:12-13
When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

II. Jesus was the THAT son of David

Matthew 1:1
This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Luke 1:32
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,

Micah 5:2
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."

III. Why was Jesus so QUIET about his identity?

Mark 8:28-30
They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets." "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Messiah." Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.

Philippians 2:8-11
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 

No comments: