Sunday, April 3, 2022

Verde Valley Christian Church


Verde Valley Christian Church
Apr 3, 2022

Series: I'm That Fool
Title: "I Vent My Anger"
Speaker: Jim Hammond

1. I'm Wise In My Own Eyes
2. I Don't Like Discipline
3. I'm Defensive When Corrected
4. I Trust Myself
5. I Vent My Anger

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise person holds it in check.

I. I SPOUT like a TEA KETTLE

Ephesians 4:26
"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,

James 3:5-6
Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

II. My uncontrolled words are a WRECKING BALL

Proverbs 25:28
Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.

III. My quickdraw GAVEL is still a smoking gun

James 1:19-20
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

IV. The remedy is DIVINE POWER

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

No comments: