Sunday, January 30, 2022

REHEARSE God's Promises


Welcome to Verde Valley Christian Church

January 30, 2022

Series: A Promising Year
Title: "REHEARSE God's Promises"
Speaker: Jim Hammond

 REHEARSE God's Promises

James 4:6 (CSB)
"God…gives grace to the humble".

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Matthew 23:12 (NIV)
For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

I. Rehearsing a promised OUTCOME will shape you

Matthew 23:12 (NIV)
For those who exalt themselves will be humbled…

James 4:6 (CSB)
God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

1 Corinthians 11:31–32 (CSB)
If we were properly judging ourselves, we would not be judged, 32 but when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined, so that we may not be condemned with the world.

II. Rehearsing is worth the INVESTMENT

Psalm 119:148 (NIV)
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.

Psalm 119:11 (ESV)
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

No comments: