Sunday, September 26, 2021

A Centripetal Community


Verde Valley Christian Church
Sep 26 – Oct 2, 2021

Series: Centrifugal
Title: "A Centripetal Community"
Speaker: Jim Hammond

I. ABIDE in Jesus.

John 15:4-5
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

II. ABOUND in good fruit.

John 15:6-8
If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

John 17:15
I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.

III. Everyone needs a CENTER; what's yours?

John 13:35
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Colossians 1:17
And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Revelation 7:17 (CSB)
For the Lamb who is at the center of the throne will shepherd them; he will guide them to springs of the waters of life, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

No comments: