Sunday, October 20, 2019

Eternity With God

October 20, 2019 / / / One Minute Ofter You Die / / / Week 3-"Eternity With God".
How does anyone approach questions about ETERNITY? How can we know what happens one minute after you die? Is there life after death? Is Heaven a real place? Where do we get any information? Is it all just wishful thinking? What you believe about eternity determines how you live today.
==========

Title: "Eternity With God"
Speaker: Jim Hammond
Series: One Minute After You Die

1 Corinthians 2:9
That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."

John 14:1-2, 6 (NLT)
"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. {2} There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? … {6} Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

John 16:28
Yes, I came from the Father into the world, and now I will leave the world and return to the Father."

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

I. FAQs
A. Will we RECOGNIZE each other?

1 Corinthians 13:12-13
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

· We will recognize and know one another and LOVE, and be LOVED.

Luke 16:9 (NLT)
Here's the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home.

· The people we BROUGHT to Jesus will welcome us!

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
After all, what gives us hope and joy, and what will be our proud reward and crown as we stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns? It is you! Yes, you are our pride and joy.

B. What will we DO?

· There's going to be NEW HEAVENS and a NEW EARTH...

2 Peter 3:13
But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness.

· Experienced in new BODIES!

1 Corinthians 15:54
Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: "Death is swallowed up in victory.

C. Can I be SURE I'm GOING there?

John 5:24
"I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

1 John 5:13
I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.

II. Make heaven your HOME NOW

Philippians 3:19-20
They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.

Dear God,
Thank You for sending Jesus who is the way, the truth, and the life. Lord Jesus, You became an open doorway to Heaven for me. Thank You for preparing a place in heaven for me. I come to you as my open doorway to receive more of your blessings from your kingdom of heaven. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Please restore me and renew me in your Spirit today. Amen!

No comments: