Sunday, January 29, 2017

Joyful Contentment

hubba hubba nx2 MSR
Joyful New Year Series 5

“I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:10-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/php.4.10-12.niv

Focus: Until you learn its secret, contentment is a fickle fleeting moment.

I. LASTING Contentment is POSSIBLE

A. It does not come from EXTERNAL CIRCUMSTANCES
B. It does not come from MORE MONEY OR MORE STUFF

Sin is what you do when your soul is not fully satisfied with God.

II. Contentment is a GIFT

“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/php.4.13.niv

Content it discontent...
which tent do you live in?

No comments: