Skip to main content

Al Hammond - Stories from Japan


Luke 12:13-23
Al Hammond
Stories from Japan

These stories take the reader through the trials and joys of a missionary family in Japan, and reward him by summarizing key cross cultural insights.
My children loved to hear stories and that is one reason I love to tell them. I observe that the students in my classrooms pay closer attention when I’ve illustrated academic truths with stories from life’s experiences. I have also noticed that when I amplify points in my messages given in churches with a well told story that a few more people wake up from their naps. When asked to comment on a lecture or a message I am aware that the supporting stories stand out in my memory more than the factual points themselves. As I read the gospel accounts I am impressed that some of the greatest truths of Jesus are contained in stories. For these reasons the format of this book is story telling and I believe the stories will draw interest because they are true.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR OMNIPOTENT GOD'S GOT YOU

June 7th - 9th, 2025 WEEK 2 _______________ The greater our illusion of control, the higher our level of anxiety. When we obsess over things we can't control, we forfeit control over things we can control and we rob ourselves of the peace we could have by releasing control to God.  "Do you trust God is capable of control?"  Matthew 19:26 NIV > Mark 6:5 NIV > How do I release the illusion of control to an omnipotent God?  John 11:1-7, 11-27, 32, 43-44 NIV > Colossians 3:3-4 NIV > What is one area of your life you need to release control over?  What is God speaking to you through this message?  What is one thing you can do this week to live out the teaching?

Therefore 6 - Kill' Em with Kindness

Romans 12:17-21 Focus: Loving your enemy is the ultimate payback. I. What our EMOTIONS say... II. What GOD says... III. Why GOD SAYS it... IV. DRAW from the WELL of MERCY             Posted with Blogsy

Exponential: Do Less, Be More

Welcome to Verde Valley Christian Church March 3, 2019 Title: Do Less, Be More Speaker: Jim Hammond Series: Exponential Focus: Don't just DO something, something, STAND there! I. WAIT Acts 1:4 (NIV) He [Jesus ] gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. Acts 1:5 (NIV) For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." · We tend to think ADDITION · God thinks MULTIPLICATION II. PRAY Acts 1:12 (NIV) Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city… Acts 1:14 (NIV) They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. III. BE Acts 1:8 (NIV) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will bebe my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Sama...