Sunday, May 3, 2009

Al Hammond - Stories from Japan


Luke 12:13-23
Al Hammond
Stories from Japan

These stories take the reader through the trials and joys of a missionary family in Japan, and reward him by summarizing key cross cultural insights.
My children loved to hear stories and that is one reason I love to tell them. I observe that the students in my classrooms pay closer attention when I’ve illustrated academic truths with stories from life’s experiences. I have also noticed that when I amplify points in my messages given in churches with a well told story that a few more people wake up from their naps. When asked to comment on a lecture or a message I am aware that the supporting stories stand out in my memory more than the factual points themselves. As I read the gospel accounts I am impressed that some of the greatest truths of Jesus are contained in stories. For these reasons the format of this book is story telling and I believe the stories will draw interest because they are true.


No comments: