Skip to main content

Have the Heart of Christ

Have the Heart of Christ

Focus: Disciples are trained into steps and stages to be fully devoted to Jesus Christ.

What is a Disciple?

Acts 11:26 NIV
Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. In my obsession against them, I even went to foreign cities to persecute them.

John 8:31-32 NIV
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 13:34-35 NIV
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

John 15:8 NIV
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

I. A LEVEL 1 BUY-IN
A. The Believe enough to BENEFIT buy-in:
B. A MORAL Level Commitment

II. A LEVEL 2 BUY-IN
A. The Believe Enough to CONTRIBUTE Buy-in
B. A MISSION Level Commitment

III. A LEVEL 3 BUY-IN
A. The WHOLE HEARTED WHATEVER it TAKES Buy-in

Luke 9:23-26 NIV

Luke 14:27-33 ESV

B. A MEANING Level Commitment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR OMNIPOTENT GOD'S GOT YOU

June 7th - 9th, 2025 WEEK 2 _______________ The greater our illusion of control, the higher our level of anxiety. When we obsess over things we can't control, we forfeit control over things we can control and we rob ourselves of the peace we could have by releasing control to God.  "Do you trust God is capable of control?"  Matthew 19:26 NIV > Mark 6:5 NIV > How do I release the illusion of control to an omnipotent God?  John 11:1-7, 11-27, 32, 43-44 NIV > Colossians 3:3-4 NIV > What is one area of your life you need to release control over?  What is God speaking to you through this message?  What is one thing you can do this week to live out the teaching?

Therefore 6 - Kill' Em with Kindness

Romans 12:17-21 Focus: Loving your enemy is the ultimate payback. I. What our EMOTIONS say... II. What GOD says... III. Why GOD SAYS it... IV. DRAW from the WELL of MERCY             Posted with Blogsy

Exponential: Do Less, Be More

Welcome to Verde Valley Christian Church March 3, 2019 Title: Do Less, Be More Speaker: Jim Hammond Series: Exponential Focus: Don't just DO something, something, STAND there! I. WAIT Acts 1:4 (NIV) He [Jesus ] gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. Acts 1:5 (NIV) For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." · We tend to think ADDITION · God thinks MULTIPLICATION II. PRAY Acts 1:12 (NIV) Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city… Acts 1:14 (NIV) They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. III. BE Acts 1:8 (NIV) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will bebe my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Sama...