Sunday, November 16, 2008

Have the Heart of Christ

Have the Heart of Christ

Focus: Disciples are trained into steps and stages to be fully devoted to Jesus Christ.

What is a Disciple?

Acts 11:26 NIV
Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. In my obsession against them, I even went to foreign cities to persecute them.

John 8:31-32 NIV
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 13:34-35 NIV
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

John 15:8 NIV
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

I. A LEVEL 1 BUY-IN
A. The Believe enough to BENEFIT buy-in:
B. A MORAL Level Commitment

II. A LEVEL 2 BUY-IN
A. The Believe Enough to CONTRIBUTE Buy-in
B. A MISSION Level Commitment

III. A LEVEL 3 BUY-IN
A. The WHOLE HEARTED WHATEVER it TAKES Buy-in

Luke 9:23-26 NIV

Luke 14:27-33 ESV

B. A MEANING Level Commitment

No comments: