Sunday, July 7, 2024

SHINE - Part 1: Why Do We Hide Our Light?


Verde Valley Christian Church
Jul 7 – 14, 2024

Sermon Series: SHINE!
Sermon Title: "Why Do We Hide Our Light?"
Presenter: Jim Hammond

Matthew 5:14-16
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

1. Don't shine with SELF-CONFIDENCE

2. Shine by RELYING on God

John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 5:30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

3. Jesus' METHOD is to be our METHOD

John 14:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

No comments: