Skip to main content

Let the Children Come - (Part 3) What This Looks Like for VVCC


Verde Valley Christian Church
Feb 25, 2024

Sermon Title: Let the Children Come - Part 3: What This Looks Like for VVCC
Speaker: Jim Hammond

I. What this DID look like for VVCC

There are two things that everybody hates.

Change and the way things are.


1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

Luke 18:16
But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

2 Corinthians 5:15 (NIV)

And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.


Don’t be a sponge that sours in the sink!


Paul did not change his MORALS or his

MESSAGE, but he radically changed his

METHODS to reach people who were far from God.


Do we have a readiness like Paul's to change methods without compromising the unchanging gospel message?


II. What this DOES look like NOW

We have to continue to work diligently to help people understand and perceive the same unchanging gospel message as relevant and desirable today, and everyday.


III. What we pray it WILL look like SOON


How can we more effectively reach children and their families? What are the types of changes required for a church to be more effective in reaching the "next generation"?




2 Timothy 1:5
I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR OMNIPOTENT GOD'S GOT YOU

June 7th - 9th, 2025 WEEK 2 _______________ The greater our illusion of control, the higher our level of anxiety. When we obsess over things we can't control, we forfeit control over things we can control and we rob ourselves of the peace we could have by releasing control to God.  "Do you trust God is capable of control?"  Matthew 19:26 NIV > Mark 6:5 NIV > How do I release the illusion of control to an omnipotent God?  John 11:1-7, 11-27, 32, 43-44 NIV > Colossians 3:3-4 NIV > What is one area of your life you need to release control over?  What is God speaking to you through this message?  What is one thing you can do this week to live out the teaching?

Therefore 6 - Kill' Em with Kindness

Romans 12:17-21 Focus: Loving your enemy is the ultimate payback. I. What our EMOTIONS say... II. What GOD says... III. Why GOD SAYS it... IV. DRAW from the WELL of MERCY             Posted with Blogsy

Exponential: Do Less, Be More

Welcome to Verde Valley Christian Church March 3, 2019 Title: Do Less, Be More Speaker: Jim Hammond Series: Exponential Focus: Don't just DO something, something, STAND there! I. WAIT Acts 1:4 (NIV) He [Jesus ] gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. Acts 1:5 (NIV) For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." · We tend to think ADDITION · God thinks MULTIPLICATION II. PRAY Acts 1:12 (NIV) Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city… Acts 1:14 (NIV) They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. III. BE Acts 1:8 (NIV) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will bebe my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Sama...