Skip to main content

Gotta Serve Somebody


Verde Valley Christian Church
Oct 16 – 22, 2022

Series: I Am a Servantl
Title: "Gotta Serve Somebody"
Speaker: Jim Hammond

I. There are two MASTERS in this WORLD


Ephesians 2:1-3
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Colossians 1:13
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

2 Corinthians 5:15
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

II. ONLY ONE is worth SERVING

Romans 6:16-18
Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

III. Servants OBEY

My Lord Jesus Christ, I humble myself and bow my knee before you. I worship and serve you as my Lord and Savior. I am your servant. I offer myself to you. I will serve, honor, and obey you. "Here am I, send me." Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Therefore 6 - Kill' Em with Kindness

Romans 12:17-21 Focus: Loving your enemy is the ultimate payback. I. What our EMOTIONS say... II. What GOD says... III. Why GOD SAYS it... IV. DRAW from the WELL of MERCY             Posted with Blogsy

OUR OMNIPOTENT GOD'S GOT YOU

June 7th - 9th, 2025 WEEK 2 _______________ The greater our illusion of control, the higher our level of anxiety. When we obsess over things we can't control, we forfeit control over things we can control and we rob ourselves of the peace we could have by releasing control to God.  "Do you trust God is capable of control?"  Matthew 19:26 NIV > Mark 6:5 NIV > How do I release the illusion of control to an omnipotent God?  John 11:1-7, 11-27, 32, 43-44 NIV > Colossians 3:3-4 NIV > What is one area of your life you need to release control over?  What is God speaking to you through this message?  What is one thing you can do this week to live out the teaching?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO ACCEPT JESUS?

"WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO ACCEPT JESUS?" APRIL 26th - 28th, 2024 WEEK 1