Skip to main content

A Higher Hunger


A Higher Hunger
Focus: Only feeding the higher hunger truly satisfies.
I. The LOWER Hunger is at WAR with the HIGHER Hunger.
Romans 7:15 ESV
For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.
Romans 7:18 ESV
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.
Romans 7:21-23 NIV
So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
II. Only A Higher Hunger Will SEEK A SAVIOR.
Matthew 5:6 ESV
Romans 7:24 ESV
A. Christ BEATS the GORILLA.
Romans 8:1-4 ESV
B. How Man Beats the GORILLA (Sin's Powerful CRAVINGS)
1. INHALE Fresh Air: (God's Pneuma / BREATH / SPIRIT)
Romans 8:9 NIV
2. EXHALE(CONFESSION)
3. Quit Inhaling SMOKE(Anything that SMELLS of HELL)
Romans 8:5-9 ESV
Philippians 4:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Therefore 6 - Kill' Em with Kindness

Romans 12:17-21 Focus: Loving your enemy is the ultimate payback. I. What our EMOTIONS say... II. What GOD says... III. Why GOD SAYS it... IV. DRAW from the WELL of MERCY             Posted with Blogsy

OUR OMNIPOTENT GOD'S GOT YOU

June 7th - 9th, 2025 WEEK 2 _______________ The greater our illusion of control, the higher our level of anxiety. When we obsess over things we can't control, we forfeit control over things we can control and we rob ourselves of the peace we could have by releasing control to God.  "Do you trust God is capable of control?"  Matthew 19:26 NIV > Mark 6:5 NIV > How do I release the illusion of control to an omnipotent God?  John 11:1-7, 11-27, 32, 43-44 NIV > Colossians 3:3-4 NIV > What is one area of your life you need to release control over?  What is God speaking to you through this message?  What is one thing you can do this week to live out the teaching?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO ACCEPT JESUS?

"WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO ACCEPT JESUS?" APRIL 26th - 28th, 2024 WEEK 1