Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Higher Hunger


A Higher Hunger
Focus: Only feeding the higher hunger truly satisfies.
I. The LOWER Hunger is at WAR with the HIGHER Hunger.
Romans 7:15 ESV
For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.
Romans 7:18 ESV
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.
Romans 7:21-23 NIV
So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
II. Only A Higher Hunger Will SEEK A SAVIOR.
Matthew 5:6 ESV
Romans 7:24 ESV
A. Christ BEATS the GORILLA.
Romans 8:1-4 ESV
B. How Man Beats the GORILLA (Sin's Powerful CRAVINGS)
1. INHALE Fresh Air: (God's Pneuma / BREATH / SPIRIT)
Romans 8:9 NIV
2. EXHALE(CONFESSION)
3. Quit Inhaling SMOKE(Anything that SMELLS of HELL)
Romans 8:5-9 ESV
Philippians 4:8

No comments: